Wesleyan Chapel - the white tablet stone by the porch is dedicated to the memory of George Fishwick

Wesleyan Chapel

The chapel was built in the early 19th Century on land given by the Duke of Hamilton. The cost of building was funded by George Fishwick, the Master of Scorton Cotton Factory at that time. Designed by Baines 1829 - 1830, the porch is dated 1842 to commemorate the opening.
Return to Thumbnails