St Mary and St James
The church was built in 1860 - 1861 and replaced a dilapidated 150 year old cottage chapel. Funds for the estimated cost of
£4,300 were raised by the then priest in charge, Rev. Robert Turpin. St Mary & St James was designed by Joseph Hansom & Sons and was opened in the Autumn of 1861.